The Production Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the production process and work assembly for all the machines on the shop floor. This role will also oversee the people management of their assigned shift.
- Provide leadership, direction, and guidance to employees, which includes planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees as a part of the leadership team; addressing complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
- Maintain standards of service by ensuring good quality communications between direct reports and colleagues.
- Supporting senior leadership initiation of the implementation of site quality procedures, safety procedures, and any statutory procedures.
- Attend regular meetings with the Site Maintenance Personnel, HR Manager, Safety and Compliance manager, and/or General Manager to discuss activities and progress.
- Completes or oversees completion of paperwork relative to line operation including but not limited to operator logs, PM logs, audits, and corrective actions.
- Completes daily end of shift reports
- Approves or denies employee time off sheets, completes missed punch forms, and other forms for daily operation
- Follows the progressive discipline process as outlined in Employee Handbook – writes and issues disciplines, coaching forms, and verbal warnings to correct employee behavior.
- Approves overtime hours when applicable and necessary
- Effectively interrupts the normal flow of work to respond to and prioritize any short notice production or shipping needs.
- Display thorough knowledge and understanding of all safety polices and regulations and address all unsafe acts and conditions.
- Identifies and assists with implementations for continuous process improvement
- Controls materials to eliminate waste
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to effectively operate and maintain equipment and tools
- Ability to promote overall goals of company in safety, quality, delivery, and cost efficiency
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to comprehend direction in both written and verbal form
- Must be able to read and understand work orders
- Must be able to read and understand measuring devices
- Basic math skills required
- Effectively prioritize, schedule, and review work
- Work independently with little to no direction
- Meet schedules and timelines
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible supervisory/leadership experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases
- Starting at $55,000/year
- All rates are based on experience
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 827 Sans Souci Pkwy, Township of Hanover, PA 18706
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.