Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for ensuring the cleanliness and orderliness of the facilities and inspecting the condition and performance of the equipment and machinery for business operations and processes. The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic handles equipment repairs and replacement of defective components, requiring them to have extensive knowledge of the mechanical industry. The Maintenance Mechanic will also install and assemble equipment by analyzing mechanical schematics and blueprints accurately. The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic creates a comprehensive schedule of inspection, repairs, and quality control checks to preserve the safe standards of the premises.
- Maintain work area clean, safe, and organized
- Operate maintenance equipment safely to avoid accidents
- Maintain the maintenance tools and equipment in safe, clean, and good working conditions
- Provide assistance to co-workers when needed
- Troubleshoot and maintain engines, conveyors, electrical systems, CNC machinery, pneumatic tools and hydraulic equipment.
Identify faulty equipment through observation and testing metrics.
- Source replacement parts and perform repairs.
- Work with facility manager to continually update the production process and system software.
- Adhere to company policies, safety regulations and OSHA requirements
- Perform maintenance tasks based on pictures, blueprints, written descriptions, and oral instructions from Supervisors
- Execute building maintenance and repairs as needed that includes light carpentry, plumbing and minor electrical repairs
- Maintain written daily log of maintenance activity and prepare maintenance reports.
- Perform regular scheduled maintenance on shop manufacturing equipment
- Perform routine and emergency building maintenance
- Assist in new equipment installation and existing equipment moves
- Assist plant’s maintenance mechanic and industrial maintenance technician as needed
- All other duties as required
- Proficient with operating hand, power, and specialized tools
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Team player and willing to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Proficient with using measuring devices
- Proficient with reading blueprints
- Ability to comprehend direction in both written and verbal form
- Ability to drive and operate machinery including but not limited to, forklifts, boom lifts, scissor lifts, skid steer loader
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years related experience required
- Advanced technical or college training preferred
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push, or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes, and gases
- Starting at $25/hour
- All rates are based on experience
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 827 Sans Souci Pkwy, Township of Hanover, PA 18706
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.